Sunday, July 27, 2008

Guests at the inn...

What a great week at the inn. Early in the week made the acquaintance of Tony and Shirley D. from Augusta, Georgia area (and blog readers to boot!). They are caterers so talking about food on the front porch was interesting and fun. I gave them some suggestions on how to package their catered offerings to prospective clients. Always glad to help. They were such nice guests--a good book on the inn's front porch was their way of relaxing.
Also had a few nice conversations with Nancy B. from Elkins Park, PA. This lady, I discovered, continues to design residential kitchens into her Golden Years. What a great Lady and businessperson. She was with her husband, Ted--taking a break from some big designs projects back at home.
We talked in depth about customers--her sage advice being: always be honest with them, price your service or product with value (but factoring in your own experience, too), and to keep the lines of communication open.
As an innkeeper, it amazes me who reads the blog or how they select Inn at Long Lake as their "home away from home." I'd like to believe that people will always gravitate to a "business with heart."
Oh, and the BEST compliment of last week when a guest checked in: "Wow! Those cookies remind me of my Grandmother's house!" (I think they are getting what I am doing *smile*). Speaking of cookies, time to put mine out for my guests.
Stay cool all!

Your Maine Innkeeper,
Keith

No comments: