Friday, October 3, 2008

Pre-Weekend Thoughts from the Inn

Greetings, all!

I am writing to you early morning overlooking beautiful Long Lake. The foggy crispness upon the lake is quiet & serene.
Some fresh-baked Zucchini-Lemon Bread has come out of the oven--cinnamon and nutmeg fill the kitchen (and, hopefully, the guest rooms throughout the inn!). The featured breakfast entree is "Eggs Sebago" (a name I call all my egg entrees that I have come up with). Today the dish is Eggs Over Medium served on Inn-made Honey-Wheat Toast & topped with a light Baby Spinach-Shrimp Bechamel. Of course, the purists among my guests may opt for Eggs To Order or my Autumn Cherry Granola with Yogurt.

Oh, quick tip before I have to run to start my day: CLEANING A MESS IN THE MICROWAVE (something I have to do sometimes when I "forget" to cover--hehe). Put a cup of water with a few Tablespoons of WHITE VINEGAR in for 5 minutes to heat. The "vapors" will cover the surfaces of the microwave's interior. Just wipe out when done (careful--that cup of water/vinegar will be HOT!). Great tip I read and wanted to share.

Best to all & make your day the best one yet!

Your Maine Innkeeper,
Keith A. Neubert

No comments: