Thursday, April 30, 2009

Gearing Up for the Tourist Season


Greetings, Blog Readers and Foodie Friends!

Well, after a super visit from my pal, JB from San Francisco, now begins the part of the year preparing the inn for my guests. JB and I continued transforming the guest rooms at the inn to their new identities (a never-ending process!). Celebrating my 1 year of ownership was amazing seeing the new changes we activated. What a year of learning, growing, and challenges that I wouldn't trade for anything! Check out the inn's site for the room name changes I selected (many thanks to Fay, JB, and Tracy for their input!). I couldn't be happier with the results!

In my daily walk of the inn, I now greet the luminaries with a quiet nod, or "hello."
I consider their personal influence in my own life as I pass their images. Gloria Swanson reminds me to live life in grand style (and to eat as healthy as she did!). Clark Gable reminds to be stay cool and to be a "man who is a gentleman" always. Mae West reminds me to be bigger than life, true to myself, and to approach life with a little wit in every moment.

This weekend is the Fifth Annual "JUNQUE & FINDS SALE" (where does the time go?!). My Mom, Elaine, is coming up to assist. We have many great things that did not fit into the new concept of the inn so it should be a bountiful spread of things. Fay, my gal pal gardener from Somerville, is coming to visit to start assessing the inn grounds and flower beds. I love gardening and learning from her.

So, despite the work involved in preparing an inn, it is a blessing to be surrounded and assisted by friends and their individual creativity. This is one of the best parts about running an inn----expressing yourself in food, decor, service, and ambience. I think my friends understand that in their own ways. And, all for the guests that find their way to your welcoming doors.

I hope that today brings all things abundant to you. Catch you soon with some new food postings!

Your Maine Innkeeper,
Keith A. Neubert
Inn at Long Lake
"Relax with the Stars!"

No comments: