Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Magical Moment in Maine!





Hi, Foodie Friends near and far!




This past Saturday was a buzz at the inn! While the inn was not full in any regard, the guests that were here were so nice.




The Winter Carnival brought some up to the Western Maine area. From the inn's vantage point looking down onto the lake, snowmobilers cascaded effortlessly across the frozen surface. Crowds watched and cheered on their friends and family members. It was nice to see that always.




I took a break from the inn kitchen, went out to the front Great Room windows, and was shocked to see what I thought was a horse out in the road. As I went out the inn's front door for a better look, I realized it was a MOOSE! I smiled and quickly went in to get my camera. I returned to the front porch and said from the landing: "Moose, get off the road. Go back into the woods now." It looked at me for a moment, turned, and walked into the woods across from the inn.




No one was here that afternoon to share it with me in contrast to the evening to come, which was just a fun, homey night in from the cold. I was glad I saw the moose. It reminds me of the special moments made only in Maine.




Speaking of magic moments, a batch of gooey Whole Wheat-Chocolate Chip cookies are coming out of the oven as I finish this post. Thanks for reading---and for stopping by the inn!




Keith A. Neubert


Innkeeper-Chef

No comments: