Monday, March 21, 2011

"Some Good Press is Always Nice"


Hello, Blog Friends.


This past week I received some nice press in The Bridgton News. I was unaware that the guest was a writer for the newspaper. That makes the kind words even more sweet. It reads:

"CHEF KEITH MADE US FEEL RITZY" by Cheryl Harmon

"Last year, Jolene and I won a wonderful gift certificate at the Chinese auction...We won a four-course meal at the Inn at Long Lake in Naples for four people.

So last Sunday, Jolene and I dined at the inn...The place is spectacular. We had never been in before. Chef and Innkeeper Keith A. Neubert met us at the door and showed us to our table )we had the place to ourselves). I must say if you have never been to a swanky place, then here is where you can go. It puts you into a whole other world.

He place our napkins in our laps and was Johnny-on-the-spot with everything from soup to dessert. The food was expertly done, and Chef Keith made us feel ritzy. I must say the desset was to die for--bread pudding with whiskey sauce. It was the piece de resistance."

I am always grateful to receive lovely words like this, of course. I guess this is (in some way) proof that when you put your heart into your passion, it always comes back in good ways. Sometimes we do not readily see how "good" comes back to us, but, in this case, I certainly feel glad it did---and that their Sunday dinner together was everything I wanted it to be.

That's all from (getting warmer) Naples, Maine. Be well. Be happy.

Keith A. Neubert
Innkeeper-Chef








No comments: