Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year's Wishes to All!






(Pictured above: The hammy innkeeper of The Inn at Long Lake, reminds you to NOT be "in the bag" at your holiday party. Drink responsibly. Designated drivers are truly lifesavers! PS: The party needing this bag was going back to Florida. I jumped in hoping they wouldn't notice the extra weight...)



Happy New Year to All!



First off (before I forget in my hurried day), the good people at Thomas' bakery (known for their English muffins) have created some interesting variations of BAGELS recently. While I enjoy Cinnamon-Raisin at breakfast, or a quick snack during the day, other flavors like Pumpkin Spice or Cranberry are excellent for hors d'oeuvres at your next party.



Bagel bites can be brushed lightly with olive oil (simmered gently with any herbs and cooled before applying) for a savory touch. Arrange them in a single layer on a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake them at 400 until browned. Remove, cool, cut each side into 6 or 8 pieces, and cover. Serve with your favorite dip on the side. Onion bagels are excellent and very versatile. Check out all the options!


More blog writing for me to do in the New Year coming. I thank you for checking on this blog from time to time. It has been, and is, my joy and honor to explore food and to share my experiences with you.


Wishing you all a Happy New Year!



Keith A. Neubert

Innkeeper-Chef, The Inn at Long Lake

No comments: