Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another Sunday...

Greetings from the Inn!
The thunderstorms and rain did not stop the happy spirits staying at the inn this weekend for local events. Saint Joseph's College had some guests here for an orientation. After many months of planning, also, Todd and Lindsay L. were wed, surrounded by friends and family from Conn. and Washington, DC (and other places!).
What a great group! They sat inside and enjoyed my Black Raspberry-Chocolate Cookies in the afternoon. For breakfast (and I figured they all could use some homespun carbs after their post-wedding cruise around Long Lake on the Songo River Queen), I made a yummy Banana French Toast with Pecan-Brown Sugar Streusel--nothing like comfort food on rainy days.
My gardening friend, Fay, from Somerville, Mass. came up to inspect the gardens. She was pleased at their progress. I re-discovered the wonderful fragrance of the flowers around the grounds. Well, after a busy weekend, I am off to literally take a breather & "stop and smell the flowers!"
Your Innkeeper,
Keith

No comments: