Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer is under way!!

Despite the weather (off and on showers) this past weekend was great.
I had the opportunity to meet Blog Reader Lindsay and her friend, Jeff, from Boston. And yes, I made those Sweet Potato-Pecan Muffins for them on Sunday morning. Also, Josh and Abby sent me the kindest note (Thanks!!) thanking me for everything, including my Pineapple Muffins (hadn't baked those in a while).
Got some time away to shop at my friend Tracy's store "wild plum" here in Naples. Wow! This lady has the eye for unique home accents. I scored some period style accents for the inn--couldn't resist (you know if you go back someone will have snatched it up!).
The Blacksmith's Winery wines I have on the Bev List have had rave reviews. The Trillium (a blend of Pinot Gris, Riesling, and Chardonnay) has been a favorite. The Blacksmith's Blueberry Sparkling, too, is wonderful. Kathleen and Rudy from Greenland, NH enjoyed a glass before heading out to Venezia Restaurant (the Lakes Region's place for authentic Northern Italian food--YUM!).
Have to run...have some Strawberry Muffins in the oven. Look for the Chef's Tip of the Week tomorrow!! Make this day a fun one!

Your Innkeeper,
Keith
Naples, Maine

No comments: