Saturday, August 1, 2009

Helping Hands are always around...

Happy Saturday from Inn at Long Lake!

One of my projects this week was to order 2 more oven racks for the gorgeous inn range/oven I inherited when I purchased Inn at Long Lake. The internet was a convenient place to begin. After locating the manufacturer's customer service (they were very nice), I was informed that the model was discontinued and no other oven racks would fit (ummmm...How many oven sizes do they make??! hehe).

Losing an hour of my daily schedule made me frustrated. One thing, though, I have learned is that in moments of frustration, deep breathes and keeping the Faith that everything has its course will get you through. All I wanted was the ability to bake MORE cookies at one time (my 1-rack oven only fits 2 dozen at a time). FOUR dozen would be preferred--and save on propane gas (hence, more eco-friendly).

I relayed this scenario to Debbie, the inn's Head Housekeeper. She let me know that her hubbie (of 25 years!), "Butch", is not only a diesel engine mechanic but is a fantastic welder as well. This is a blessing from out of the blue. Butch can fashion what I need in short order using his talents...and some stainless steel! Seems like a small hurdle to have overcome but I do know that when your passion is real, all things fall into place to teach, assist, help, and celebrate your small gifts to the world. This is the recipe for success sometimes.

During your week ahead, if something upsets or frustrates you, take a moment to breath, and rather than beat yourself up with ideas of "failure," continue to remain open to the answer/help that is on its way. Try it & wait. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

That's all from the inn today. I'm going out to watch the boats drift on Long Lake on this sunny Saturday evening ;-).

Your Maine Innkeeper,

Keith
Naples, Maine

No comments: