Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Monday!



Hi, Foodie Friends.

This morning I have just pulled some Nectarine-Spice Muffins from the oven. Guests will be coming down shortly. My featured entree today will be Belgian Waffles with Sliced Strawberries.

After a busy, busy weekend at Inn at Long Lake, we have a short breather. The Staff and I always have our lists of things to do (mine extends into Year 2012!!).

The Painting Crew is coming this week to start painting the inn. This will be done in stages over the next few years. With all the rain I can imagine they are behind.

In my travels today (Gail is watching the inn) I must remember to bring some muffins (I made extra) to the Town of Naples Fire Department. Not only do they help those in need, but a few weeks ago (with notice) they arrived to test out a new fire engine's capabilities. Inn at Long Lake is the tallest building in Naples so they really put the truck through its moves! Seven firemen were here to lend their expertise.

And so...as life in a small Maine goes, inn-baked muffins may just extend the gratitude of "neighbor thanking neighbor." Incidentally, my insurance man did tell me that 90% of home fires are during the Winter months. Always be careful, though.

That's all for today. Hope you like the image above. My photographer and friend, JB Sabin, is one great (and fun) guy!

Keith

No comments: