Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mid-April in Maine

Hello to All!

I awoke this morning to snow (yes, SNOW!) lightly falling outside my bedrooom window! This is quite a shock as I thought we'd might be over it at this point. Well, Mother Nature is having her laugh--gotta love her!

Business is winding down at Inn at Long Lake and the inn will be closed. I am looking forward to 2 weeks off. Many things are going on during this time: a new roof, my 2nd Anniversary Party and Gallery Show (more on this later), and, of course, a relaxing vacation. During this time my friend, JB, from San Francisco, will be here. It will be a well-rounded, action-packed "holiday."

I came to learn that 2 of my guests were "Foodies" and fans of homecooking and baking. After some brief questioning I sent them upstairs with a couple of my favorite cookbooks to peruse before slumber. Yes, I am one of those cooks that actually reads cookbooks (and not fiction) before I head to Dreamland. I find reading them comforting and inspiring. Whatever path my creativity takes during the night time hours, I accept. (They say that you dream about the last thing on your mind before you fell asleep). I plan on dedicating a portion of the inn's library to cookbooks, for like-minded guests!

That is all from Western Maine this fine morning. I hope that wherever you are, your weekend is excellent!

Keith A. Neubert
Innkeeper

No comments: