Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Happy New Year to All!




Greetings, Blog Friends.


A dear friend reminded me that I hadn't written for quite some time. The holidays were quite busy for many of us. Between all the entertaining and being entertained, this is the time of year the inn needs to gear up for the year ahead.


This quieter time of year still brings guests to the doors of Inn at Long Lake. The inn always has had an intimate feel about it---I hope this is an indication my hosting abilities, of course! So... whether it is 1 couple staying for the night (being in a large inn alone must have its strange, wondrous vibe!) or a full inn (a vibrant buzz, for sure!), I endeavor to create a peaceful, personalized scene for all.


After all the parties that I experienced, it struck my heart tender to know how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends. Many of them are "mentors" to me. I appreciate the love they put into their gatherings---a prized recipe, a warm hug upon welcome, decor that chimes the conviviality of the season, or the tasteful music they played that was woven through the laughter and conversation.


I hope that you all were able to experience the playfulness of giving and receiving, the magic of solemn peace that exists in the light of a single Christmas candle, and that you learned that all dreams are made new in this glorious time of year.


And, so, my friends, it is here that 2011 begins....a year of possibilities that begins with a passionate feeling in your heart. Let it out. See where it can fly!


Naples, Maine---15 degrees. Brrrrrrrrr! ;-)


Keith A. Neubert

Innkeeper


No comments: