Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Afternoon in February...

Hi, Blog Readers!

Only have a moment to check in as I have some Treasure Bars in the oven. These are for my check-ins this afternoon. How many of us remember these crushed Graham Cracker-Chocoloate Chip-chopped Walnuts-Coconut Bars held sinfully together with Sweetened Condensed Milk (the latter, incidentally, not a good source of daily Calcium--hehe)? They are decadent as "all get out" but I know my guests will enjoy them.

Funny....20 minutes ago I was under the Front Desk with my Shop Vac! Ummm...maybe I should enjoy a little decadent treat myself for all my hard work--hehe. Come on, Treasure Bars!

I have been working on finding some new conserve (unpreserved refrigerator fruit spreads) recipes for the new year. Found one for Summer that had a "spicier" influence to it (basically Fresh Juicy Strawberries enhanced with sweet red wine, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and chili pepper). Sounds interesting! The only problem being I haven't had a sweet red wine in my cabinets since my college days when Riunite was the bev du jour!

I enjoy making the conserves and hope to expand my recipe box with them more in the year ahead.

Well, sorry, folks...the timer to those Treasure Bars has rung. Wish you were here, but I am certain that we'll be thinking of you while we eat them.

Hope you are all enjoying the warmer weather sweeping across the country!

Your Maine Innkeeper,
Keith
Naples, Maine

No comments: