Saturday, December 19, 2009

Family Christmas Day!! Yippee!!


I woke up early this morning to get ready for my family's Christmas celebration. My older brother is driving up with his wife, Nancy, and my nieces from Cape Cod (they celebrate with her side of the family on December 25th). A large storm is blowing up the East Coast & it will be starting in their home area by the time they get back home.


Yesterday I spent most of the day preparing food. My Mom is doing well from her Mom's passing earlier in the month and I wanted to help alleviate some of the holiday pressures. I made our family favorite, German Rouladen (braised beef rolls with bacon, onions, chopped dill pickles, and mustard--simmered in beef gravy). I also made a tasty Chicken Pot Pie. Mom is making her famous German Potato Salad, which everyone loves--YUM! A Very German Christmas!!!


My nieces, Brandy and Marina, love my Godiva Liqueur Chocolate Cookies so I made a couple dozen of those, too. Listening to holiday music is a great backdrop for preparing holiday food. It really put me in the mood!


I was supposed to head down to the Boston area to share some holiday cheer with my lady friend, Fay, but the coming storm is going to postpone our festivities. It will be back to the inn after my family's celebration. Maine is not supposed to get much snow. My friends, Jim & Cliff, are heading down to Virginia. They are heading right into the storm!! Cliff is a nurse and just got back from the Sudan (a little warmer than Maine in December) where he was working with Doctors Without Borders. I hope and pray they get where they are going safely!


Have a great weekend and if you are traveling please be careful. Will follow up after the weekend.


Keith

Innkeeper

Naples, Maine


No comments: