Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Innkeeper's Vacation--Part 2



(Pictured above: Me trying to be a "touch Brando type." hahaha).


Hello, Foodie Friends!


Part 2 of my vacation from Inn at Long Lake found this innkeeper attending a Chamber of Commerce "After Hours" at a local business called "Custom Motorsports." My business has membership in two chambers (Naples being in the middle) so 2 times a month there is an opportunity to learn about fellow business people in the community, and to represent the inn, also.


Custom Motorsports is a wonderful business that retails items for the motorcycle and jet ski enthusiast. Having driven by the business many times in the past, I thought it a cool place for my visiting friend, JB, to socialize with the local business community.


That day was busy but I made time to bake a couple dozen of my favorite inn cookies to wish the business owners "best of luck." They appeared almost shocked when I (humbly) gave the cookies to them. (I've always been of mind to bring a gift for the host.) The cookies were scoffed up as JB, I, and our friends mingled with other area business owners.


I spent some of the evening speaking with the two men who operate The Divemasters (http://www.thedivemasters.com/), a local business that teaches people how to dive. They operate in both Sebago Lake and the Atlantic Ocean! What a unique idea! I commented (with their permission) on the marketing materials they handed me, gladly giving them encouragement to keep their enthusiasm, consider some insights into their marketing (no one likes to be told what to do), and wished them all the best. I hope to establish a unique relationship with them for the benefit of scuba-curious visitors to the area.


All in all, it was a wonderful evening. It was nice to see a totally different business marketing the things that are essential to business success: passion and enthusiasm.


The weather has turned cooler here in Western Maine this evening and I look forward to making some Maine Blueberry Pancakes for my guests in the morning. I hope everyone's weekend was fun!


Your Maine Innkeeper,


Keith A. Neubert

Innkeeper-Chef

Inn at Long Lake

No comments: